ANDREA DESMOND INTERVIEW ON KISS 107.7 FM
SEPTEMBER 18, 2017
1- How long have you been and how's your path until now in the Music Industry???
- I’ve been going at my music career for a decade, and most seriously for the past seven years. My path in the Music Industry has been long and winding, but it keeps going which is what is important. After getting a Bachelor's Degree in Music Composition, I was in a cover band for a couple years, then I moved up to Seattle to form a band of my own music. This was where we started getting press and radio interviews and playing everywhere we could around the Seattle area venues. It was a blast! I became signed to an independent label and eventually moved down to Los Angeles to pursue bigger opportunities. At first I played House of Blues pretty regularly, and then I worked on getting settled in the city and building a musical foundation as an assistant to a composer and music teacher. From there I went into a writing phase - I became more focused on the song content before I go out and play live again in Los Angeles.
2- What are your biggest achievements???
- I would say having been trained by my cousin Alan Menken (the composer of Disney music such as Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin) was quite an honor and valuable experience. I am also thankful to have won songwriting awards for my song Run, such as the Eco Arts Award songs for Freedom and Akademia Music Awards, and I also have been nominated for Best Adult Contemporary Artist at the Artists in Music Awards and for Best Singer in the Shorty Awards. When I moved up to Seattle and started a band, we made it to the finals of the Seattle Jammin Challenge, and that allowed us to play some pretty well-known venues right off the bat and kick start our career with more radio interviews and exposure within the scene. Having been signed to an independent label also felt like an achievement, and I’m grateful for all of these experiences.
3- What's your latest release(s) an project(s) and what can you tell us about them???
- My latest release is call Inner Fire - coming out on October 1st, 2017. I actually have been re-vamping my sound from the past indie-pop style to more pop/top 40. My biggest influences are Sia, Ellie Goulding, and Adele. I ended up find a great songwriting team for this project through going to songwriting sessions and putting myself out there. I wrote this song Inner Fire with a woman who writes for Warner, Natalia Bortolotti, and I also worked with producer/songwriter SR (IamSRMusic), who is currently helping Randy Jackson with projects. They’re both awesome musicians and it was a blast creating this track with them!
4- What are your future plans???
- I plan to release this song, work on a couple more tracks for my new sound, and then allow for the world to hear! I’ll eventually do live shows around the area and work towards taking these tracks to the next level; whatever that may entail. I also plan on doing more songwriting with SR for to be pitched to other artists at Warner as well.
5- What do you like to tell to your supporters out there???
- Thank you so much for taking the time to learn more about my journey! I hope you enjoy the track. Feel free to follow my music at www.andreadesmond.com and join my Facebook and twitter page at www.facebook.com/andreadesmond.music and www.twitter.com/adesmondmusic